The Isolation Fun Run: Going the (Social) Distance
Welcome to the Isolation Fun Run! Thank you for joining this virtual group run. This all started as a few housebound friends scattered around the country looking to share a communal, athletic goal. Originally conceived as a 10K, we’ve also added a 5K and 1 mile option for runners of all ages and abilities.
As more people (and their kids!) started to join, we realized this event could be more impactful by helping those most affected by the Coronavirus crisis. So, we decided to use the Isolation Fun Run as an opportunity to raise funds for WhyHunger’s Rapid Response Fund. This great organization is at the frontlines, working to ensure healthy food access to the people and communities severely impacted by COVID-19. WhyHunger works directly with food banks across the country, and will continue to be a vital resource for people in need in the weeks and months ahead. 100% of funds raised will be donated to WhyHunger’s Rapid Response Fund.
So many of us have been looking for ways to stay fit and help those who are struggling during these unprecedented times. We bet you feel the same. We hope the Isolation Fun Run will satisfy both objectives, giving us something to look forward to while also making a very real difference in other people’s lives. Are you ready to run?
How It Works
The Run: The run will take place on Saturday, April 4th. Please complete your 10K, 5K or 1-mile run by 5PM EST and be sure to observe all social distancing requirements. This is important! It’s not a reason to run in a big group. We expect everyone to run alone or with family members. Let’s be part of the solution, not the problem.
Tracking Your Time: Please track your run and submit your final time on the post race form by 5PM EST on April 4th. Though not required, submitting your time helps make this feel more like a communal event. There are a number of different ways to track your run. Most smart watches have tracking features (i.e. Apple Watches, Suunto, Garmin) or you can download an app to your phone. See below for a short list of running apps.
3 Simple Steps to Participate
- Register: To get started, fill out this brief registration form for you and any family members interested in running.
- Support WhyHunger’s Rapid Response Fund: There are two options to help raise funds.
- Make a Donation: Whether you are running or not, please consider a donation to WhyHunger’s Rapid Response Fund to help protect and expand healthy food access for those in need. You can donate in two ways and it goes to the same place, either on GoFundMe (preferred) or on WhyHunger’s site (also works).
- Invite others to support you: Click here to create or join a GoFundMe page and invite your friends and family to support you.
- Promote, Promote, Promote! Tell your friends and family about your charity run, and invite them to join you or support you! Click here for sample social media posts and outreach emails.