2020 TCS NEW YORK CITY MARATHON
WhyHunger is a proud charity partner of New York Road Runners and has five guaranteed charity entries in the TCS New York City Marathon on November 1, 2020!
We are looking for runners to fill these entry slots and join Team WhyHunger – will you run with us?
Perks of Running the TCS New York City Marathon with Team WhyHunger:
- Guaranteed entry into TCS New York City Marathon on November 1, 2020.
- Free WhyHunger t-shirt and swag bag.
- Hands-on support from WhyHunger’s development team to help runners meet their $2,500 charity fundraising goal.
- Opportunity to participate in a partner site visit or volunteer day to see WhyHunger’s work in action.
- The amazing feeling of completing a marathon and raising funds to support lasting and sustainable solutions to hunger in New York City and around the globe.
Requirements to Run the TCS New York City Marathon on Team WhyHunger
To use one of WhyHunger’s charity entries, each runner agrees to:
- Register for the race by September 17, 2020 and pay the race registration fee. Race registration fees are $255 for NYRR members, $295 for non-members, and $358 for non-U.S. residents.
- Establish an individual fundraising page on CrowdRise, an online crowd-funding platform, under WhyHunger’s organizational profile on the site.
- Raise a minimum of $2,500 for WhyHunger by October 28th, 2020 in order to be eligible to compete in the race on November 1st, 2020.
Runners will be asked to sign an MOU agreeing to the above, and will be required to place a credit card on file with WhyHunger. The card will only be charged if the runner does not reach the $2,500 goal by the fundraising deadline; if that should happen, the remainder of the funds needed to meet the $2,500 goal will be charged on October 29th, 2020 to ensure that each runner meets the requirement and remains eligible to participate in the race.
Ready to Run?
To learn more about registering for the TCS New York City Marathon as part of Team WhyHunger or to reserve your spot, contact Regina Ginyard, Events Manager at (212) 629-3224 or firstname.lastname@example.org