VIP Meet & Greet Packages now on sale at www.ticketsforcharity.com August 2013 – Five-time Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter, Michael McDonald, is teaming up with WhyHunger and Tickets
VIP Meet & Greet Packages now on sale at www.ticketsforcharity.com
August 2013 – Five-time Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter, Michael McDonald, is teaming up with WhyHunger and Tickets-for-Charity on tour to offer fans a special meet & greet experience to benefit WhyHunger. VIP Meet & Greet Packages include premium tickets, with all proceeds benefiting WhyHunger’s mission to fight hunger and poverty through community-based solutions and ensuring equal access to nutritious food.
Packages are available at www.ticketsforcharity.com for select tour dates, including these upcoming shows:
- Aug 10 The Freeman Stage at Bayside, Selbyville, DE
- Aug 11 Maymont Park, Richmond, VA
- Aug 14 Count Basie Theatre, Red Bank, NJ
- Aug 17 Theatre at Westbury, Westbury, NY
- Aug 18 Cain Park, Cleveland Heights, OH
- Aug 19 American Music Theatre, Lancaster, PA
- Aug 21 Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, Grand Rapids, MI
- Aug 23 Fallsview Casino Resort, Niagara Falls, ON
- Aug 24 Fallsview Casino Resort, Niagara Falls, ON
- Aug 25 Chene Park Amphitheatre, Detroit, MI
- Aug 28 Denver Botanic Gardens – York, Denver, CO
- Aug 30 Pikes Peak Center, Colorado Springs, CO
- Aug 31 The Village at Copper Mountain, Copper Mountain, CO
- Oct 08 Niswonger Performing Arts Center, Greeneville, TN
- Oct 09 Blumenthal Performing Arts – Knight Theater, Charlotte , NC
- Oct 11 Salem Civic Center, Salem, VA
- Oct 12 North Charleston Performing Arts Center, North Charleston, SC
- Oct 13 Symphony Hall, Atlanta, GA
- Oct 15 Riley Center For the Performing Arts, Meridan, MS
- Oct 17 Anniston Performing Arts Center, Anniston, AL
- Oct 18 Cincinnati Music Hall, Cincinnati, OH View Tickets
- Oct 19 Cincinnati Music Hall, Cincinnati, OH
McDonald is a member of a growing network of artists and celebrities including Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, and Carlos Santana who are members of WhyHunger’s Artists Against Hunger & Poverty program, which raises awareness and funds for some of the most innovative and effective community-based organizations fighting hunger and poverty worldwide.
“WhyHunger’s work with organizations at the community level is so important for creating real, lasting change for people facing overwhelming issues of hunger and poverty,” said McDonald. “I’m so proud to be involved with this movement, and it’s a great feeling to have my fans join me in supporting such an outstanding organization.”
McDonald was also honored at the WhyHunger Chapin Awards Dinner with the prestigious ASCAP Harry Chapin Humanitarian Award for both his musical career and his vast charitable endeavors. VIP Meet & Greet Packages to benefit WhyHunger are now available at www.ticketsforcharity.com.
WhyHunger is a leader in building the movement to end hunger and poverty by connecting people to nutritious, affordable food and by supporting grassroots solutions that inspire self-reliance and community empowerment. Founded in 1975 by the late Harry Chapin & current Executive Director Bill Ayres, WhyHunger works to put an end to hunger suffered by 49 million Americans and nearly 1 billion people worldwide. Through the Artists Against Hunger & Poverty Program, WhyHunger enlists performing artists, like Bruce Springsteen, Michael McDonald, Chicago, Earth Wind & Fire, Joss Stone, Darryl McDaniels, Jackson Browne, O.A.R, Tom Chapin and Jen Chapin, the artist community and the music industry to raise funds and awareness for the most innovative and effective community-based organizations fighting hunger and poverty on the frontlines in cities, towns, and villages all across the world. Find out more at www.whyhunger.org.
About Michael McDonald
Two notes. That’s all it takes to recognize the voice of Michael McDonald. Distinctive and soulful, it is one of the most yearningly emotive instruments of our times. To this add formidable songwriting and keyboard skills, and you have an artist who has been a singular musical presence for four decades. From ‘70s-era Doobie Brothers classics such as “What A Fool Believes” and solo hits like “I Keep Forgettin’” through two highly-acclaimed Motown covers albums and recent genre-busting guest spots with alternative buzz bands Grizzly Bear and Holy Ghost, the five-time Grammy-winning McDonald is that rare thing in contemporary pop – an artist whose work is both timeless and ever-evolving.
Along with his musical contributions, McDonald has long been an active humanitarian. Over the years, he has lent his talents and energies to many causes and benefits, including MusiCares, the National Council of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, WhyHunger and the 7UP Grammy Signature Schools Program. Most recently, in April 2011, he was part of a star-studded lineup at Kokua For Japan, a concert that raised $1.6 million for tsunami relief.
Media Contact, Michael McDonald
Media Contact, WhyHunger
Media Contact, Tickets-for-Charity.com