As WhyHunger celebrates our 40th anniversary, we are excited to bring a new generation of artists on board to help the 795 million people worldwide who live with food insecurity. Here’s your chance to join artists like Bruce Springsteen, Yoko Ono Lennon, Aarón Sánchez, Carlos Santana, Brandi Carlile, Michael McDonald, Trampled By Turtles, Jackson Browne and so many others as an official member of our Artists Against Hunger & Poverty program.
Check out some amazing achievements from a few of our partner artists during their WhyHunger campaigns:
Chicago and Earth, Wind, & FireChicago and Earth, Wind, & Fire provided more than 120,000 meals and raised thousands of dollars for WhyHunger via their song download campaign in which fans could donate $3 or 3 food items in exchange for access to 3 unreleased songs.
Yoko Ono LennonThrough Yoko Ono Lennon's generosity, Imagine There's No Hunger has supported programs that taught more than 47,800 community members techniques for sustained food production and has raised more than $6.8 million to help fight childhood hunger.
How can YOU help? Every single contribution helps; which means that you too can join the ranks of these amazing artists to help the cause! The great thing about the AAH&P program is that it can be tailored to your needs as an artist and a fan! Below is a list of some of the ways that you can be involved:
- Collect donations at your show/event to be donated to WhyHunger
- Follow WhyHunger online via social networks and let your supporters know that you are supporting WhyHunger. We will follow you…
- Donate unique experiences or autographed memorabilia to be auctioned off (sound check party, photo shoot, in-home chef experience, VIP tix…
- Use your voice to educate your fans about the issues surrounding hunger and poverty. We can supply you with talking points.
- Support an organization that is helping people locally to get out of poverty. Go to our Find Food page to find a group close to your home.
- Host a Homemade Jam at your school, local venue, community center, etc.