HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE DURING COVID-19
HELP WhyHunger TODAY
HOW YOU CAN HELP
BECOME AN AMBASSADOR
Raise awareness about WhyHunger and educate others on how they can help by donating money and time:
- Use the provided social assets to get WhyHunger’s name and mission out there during a time when so many other organizations are also asking for aid.
- Spread the word about how to donate to the Rapid Response Fund.
- Motivate your peers to join you in becoming a student ambassador or volunteering their time.
- Volunteer your own time at home or in the field.
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
Donate your time in various ways at home or in the field:
- Help WhyHunger keep their online Find Food database and Hunger Hotline up to date. Make callsto verify that addresses and hours of operation listed are still accurate and then input this information online.
- Volunteer at food banks and pantries to hand out and pack food.
- Use your personal vehicle to drive food to those who don’t have access to food banks and pantries.
WHO WE ARE
WhyHunger is a global non-profit that believes that nutritious food is a human right and hunger is a solvable problem. To end hunger, we meet people’s immediate food needs with dignity, while also addressing its root causes by empowering communities to nourish themselves. Investing in WhyHunger fuels 3 critical levels of impact:
- Solving hunger today by connecting millions of Americans in need to nutritious food
- Solving hunger tomorrow by teaching thousands of people to farm sustainably and nourish their communities
- Solving hunger for good by building a powerful movement for food justice that ensures equal access to nutritious food for all
FIND FOOD NOW
WhyHunger’s national Find Food Database, texting service and hotline are available in times of crisis and year-round to help anyone in need of food assistance. If you or someone you know is need of help, visit WhyHunger.org/FindFood, text your zip code to 1-800-548-6479, or if you need further assistance call 1-800-5HUNGRY (1-800-548-6479), to locate free, nutritious food in your community.